Monday 18 November 2013

The Halloween Party

October means one thing... making cute decorations for Halloween! Last year, Poppy had only just started crawling and cruising so it was all about taking a photo of her in a cute outfit. This year she is now a toddler and albeit the attention span is still too short to have organised games and activities (her time will come!) we still had to have a party!

Halloween was obviously the theme and the paper decorations were out and about in their full glory details, I love it and yet again, Halloween in our house started in August!  At this age you want them to look fun rather than scary. So keeping it light, I made a variation of different buntings.

Happy Halloween Pumpkins 
Paper Ghost Garland
Pumpkins, Cats and Frankensteins Bunting

I also made a selection of toilet roll pumpkins and Frankensteins.

Wrapped Toilet Roll Pumpkin
Toilet Roll Frankenstein

These were a very cheap and easy option of ghosts cups. I have lots of LED tea lights left over from my wedding a couple of years ago.  They didn't work that great in the day time.. but by night they were really effective.
Plastic Cup Ghosts
Most of the food I made is quite self-explanatory.  But I was very keen to keep all the food healthy for the kids and to treat the mums that came along we let ourselves have a bit of indulgence in lovely cupcakes (you can see that my piping is coming along a bit now!)  I printed out some free printables to make the cupcake toppers which I thought went well with the theme!

Mini Baby Bell Eyeballs
Spider Cucumber and Sultana Sandwiches
Pumpkin Satsumas and Grapes
Homemade Shortbread Ghosts and Ghouls
Free Printable Cupcake Toppers

The one activities I did organise went down really well (with the mums!) and it also gave them something to take home along with their goodie bags.  As much as I love to go overboard with decorations and creating a party scene, I'm also aware that the kids are much more interested in playing with the toys, so their goodie bags (a pumpkin face stuck to an envelope) included some bubbles and a footprint card.  Also I don't want to set the bar to high.. as much as I love what I do for Poppy (and myself!)  I don't want to spend a fortune where in my opinion its not necessary!

Pumpkin Party Bags
Quick and Easy Toddler Friendly Activity
Chris and our little Gruffalo!
Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment